Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Plant based eating regiment from a Christian's experience

Ok, this is the 3rd day of my fasting from the seven deadly sins listed in the Bible. The focus is on increasing your praying and the time spent reading the Word of God. I can honestly say I have been slacking when it comes to reading the bible. I have studied praying so it has become a way of life for me, but that will not make this fast easier for me. Fasting requires you to be willing to make some serious sacrifices. The 40/42 fast also focuses on eating plant based foods and cleansing your colon of toxins. The Ark of Salvation was the first church I had ever heard addressing the over weight issue many Christian's struggle with. They taught me how to pray and fast to regain self control to gain the power I needed to over come the spirit of gluttony (over eating). At this time God inspired Pastor Nathaniel Bronner to introduce the first 40 day praying and fasting from the seven deadly sins. http://airjesus.com/The fast revealed so many things but the most important insight was the need for deliverance because the spirit of gluttony had a stronghold over me. After that revelation, God revealed I was to be a deliverance minister but first, I had to learn what deliverance is all about.

The spirit of gluttony had an immense stronghold over my mind, my body and my spirit. So much so, I needed to go through several bouts of deliverance from the deadly sin of gluttony. I struggled with my weight most of my life and I learned I was eating based on my feelings. As a result of gluttony my weight has been up and down. About 5 years ago, I was laying in the bed listening to Yolanda Adams morning radio show. Her show had just started on the air with Radio One and she would open up with high energy music. At that point in my life I was going thru menopause and I had blown up like a big balloon. I didn't know the extent my body had expanded in size until I was 35 lbs. heavier. I was so depressed at the time and wasn't inspired to get up and exercise. I laid there listening and eventually I began moving my legs. It's been a process for me to change and I seem to fluctuate back and forth because I didn't know gluttony was a spirit. Listening to Yolanda Adams show daily inspired me to strive towards a healthy eating lifestyle.

And years later, I eat a 100% plant based diet so I started seeking information from various sources. I searched YouTube to learn about plant based eating. There was so much information and many of people on YouTube are at varying levels of this kind of eating regiment. Everyday I watched video's to see the types of food people following a plant based regiment ate. Many of those people I viewed ate a lot of fruit and veggies. I began to think I was not eating enough so I started increasing my daily intake. After all, they know because they have been doing this so much longer than I have. I am a compulsive over eater and I have had to learn how to eat in moderation. It didn't take long for me to see I was over eating again. I was eating through out the night too. I was eating way beyond fullness. My thighs were expanding and I knew I was eating too much, but more important, my spirit was telling me eating like others was not for me.

Part of being a Christian, praying, fasting and reading the word increases your relationship with God. It helps you develop such a personal relationship, if you listen (inwardly), and the Holy Spirit will talk to you and guide your path. Psalm 119:105 declares, “Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light unto my path.” Through study of the Word of God, the Lord is able to speak to us individually through the Holy Spirit. As a result of praying about over eating on a plant based eating regiment, I found the 40 day/42 day praying, fasting, eating plant based and colon cleansing program on airjesus.com. What a blessing! https://yolandaadamsblog.wordpress.com/about/ Peace, Love, Joy and Good Health!!!  God Bless You.  Wanda Ross, A Woman of Prophetic Destiny

1 comment: